OGA TEACHER: LAMENTATION OF A YOUNG TRAINEE TEACHER

A quick break from all of these CGPA and GPA articles (hehe).
Below is a lamentation (I can't find another word to use at the moment) by a trainee teacher as experienced first-hand by me, on the perceived rigours of the teaching profession.
OGA TEACHER
Each time I try to picture myself in front of a class teaching, I get that butterfly feeling in my stomach. Yet, each passing day brings the day of 'reckoning' closer.The scores of eyes staring at me.
Having to deal with the "good mor...ning sir" choreographed with precision.
How do I begin the lesson? "Our topic today is...".
"You see, to make this work, you need to have a perfect understanding of...” enough! My belly aches.
What of the noise and loud chatter? "Shut up", "sit down", get out", this looks really exhausting.
Oh, how we gave our teachers tough time years back. Karma! I wasn't such a difficult person though.
If this routine activity was just for five minutes that would have been easy. But Forty (40) freaking minutes of constant talking multiple times a week? *Sigh.
Oh, I forgot the lesson notes/plans, the instructional materials!
I'll look on the brighter side though. This can't be scary as my mind made it seem.
Furthermore, I think it will help me become a better person.
But I'm still scared; no, I think anxious is appropriate.
The days ahead will definitely be intriguing. I'll sure need a diary to document this.

What's you take on this? the comments section is open for further discussions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW TO CALCULATE CGPA AND GPA IN NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES

WRITING THAT EYE-POPPING CGPA

GETTING THE BEST FROM YOUR LECTURES